Tierra Brindisa: "Tierra Brindisa - Soho Tapas" Top 5 Page for this destination Tapas Brindisa - formerly Tierra Brindisa Tip by sue_stone

Dinner at Tierra Brindisa
      Dinner at Tierra Brindisa
      the delicious goats cheese
      Lentil stew and croquets
  • Menu - London
  • Partridge - London
    by sue_stone

The recent opening of Tierra Brindisa in Soho has created a lot of excitement amongst the tapas-lovers community. Yes, it is just a sister restaurant to Brindisa by Borough Market, but Brindisa doesn't take bookings and it is near impossible to get a table without camping out overnight. But Tierra Brindisa does take bookings?. maybe there really is a god!

I must confess that I was actually one of the lucky ones who had managed a meal at Brindisa one lunch time, and loved the lively atmosphere and friendly staff. So of course I had high hopes for its younger sibling.

The restaurant design is modern with bright walls and art. I did like the look and feel of the place, but as our meal progressed I realised that we perhaps had the worst table in the house on this crisp evening as my back got a blast of cold air each time the door opened. And would it of hurt our waitress to have attempted to answer our questions with even a tiny bit of knowledge and enthusiasm?!

Favorite Dish: But we were there for the food. And that was excellent, apart from the Partridge (off the specials menu) which is well worth avoiding. Between three of us we ordered the Country toast with tomato; the Iberico Ham croquets; the Lentil Stew with soft Tietar goats curd; the aforementioned Partridge; the Leon chorizo with piquillio pepper on country toast; the Spinach omelette; and the Deep fried Monte Enebro goats cheese with orange blossom honey.

My favourites were the Monte Enebro goats cheese and the Iberico Ham croquets. I also really enjoyed the complimentary almonds they gave us at the start of the meal.

Address: 46 Broadwick Street, London W1F 7AF
Rating: 4
Theme: Eclectic/International
Website: http://www.tierrabrindisa.com/

• Written Oct 18, 2008

sue_stone Used To Live Here!

Have you been to London?