"Zoo-m on over to the Fort Worth Zoo!" Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Zoo Tip by ATXtraveler

Fort Worth Zoo, Fort Worth: 15 reviews and 29 photos

Baby Elephant - Fort Worth Zoo

Baby Elephant - Fort Worth Zoo
      Orangutan - Fort Worth Zoo
      Giraffe Tripod - Fort Worth Zoo
      Camo Rhino - Fort Worth Zoo
      Lion Around - Fort Worth Zoo
    by ATXtraveler

Although I would not consider myself a zoo connoisseur, I have been to a few of the country's greatest zoos, including San Diego, and I would place Fort Worth easily within my top 10. The animals all seem to have a great amount of space to roam around, and all look very well maintained. On this particular trip, we were entertaining friends from out of town, so we ventured over to Fort Worth to enjoy this day.

The first exhibit we went to was the primates exhibit. We experienced plenty of Monkeying around, and by the end, the locals were swinging from the rafters. This was much better than swinging from the raptors, which were located close to the monkeys. The lions were lying around, the meerkats were on the march, and the flamingos were busy being vain in the mirror. We did get a dust bath from the elephants, and watched a lazy rhinoceros work on his sun tan.

I would highly recommend checking out this beautiful atmosphere on a great sunny day in Fort Worth!

Address: 1989 Colonial Parkway
Phone: Tel: 817-759-7555
Website: http://www.fortworthzoo.org

• Written Oct 5, 2008

Comments

ATXtraveler Visits Here Frequently!

ATXtraveler

“Don't Worry About Tomorrow... Its Already Happened in Australia!”

Have you been to Fort Worth?