"DODGY CAMERA SHOP" Fisherman's Wharf Tip by TONYBROWNE114

Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco: 77 reviews and 50 photos

I had a particularly unpleasant start to my US trip in May this year after I went into a camera shop in Jefferson St, Fishermans Wharf, San Francisco.
This is further to a comment by someone else who had a similar experience a few years ago, so I thought I would add my experience/advice.
I went in looking for a humble charger, first they tried to flog me a completely useless one for my Canon 1Ds MKII DSLR(which I stupidly forgot to pack,but got away with it in the end anyway!!).Upon seeing this piece of kit they seemed to assume I was just another stupid rich tourist and then tried to flog me some super duper image enhancing piece of glass for my Canon gear,which defied the laws of physics as far as I could see.They totally bored me for 15 minutes while knocking it down from 800 to 300 bucks in the process, hmmmm!?
Unusually for me I kept my composure in this really irritating hard sell situation and eventually left, by which time the clowns got really rude and tried to make out they were keeping the shop open just for me, ah so considerate of them!!
Unlike me folks, anyone going there please be prepared and have the gear and give these cowboys a miss.Fortunately the rest of my round World trip went brilliantly.
Most of us go on holiday because we earned it(me no exception), so please don't let these clowns waste your hard earned leasure time, enough said.
Tony Browne.

• Written Oct 4, 2008

Comments

Ranked Member

Have you been to San Francisco?