"An OK hotel" Radisson Blu Royal Viking Hotel Tip by Djinn76

the small bathroom
      Thick windows
      View from the room
    by Djinn76

After having booked this hotel, I was told that the Sheraton next door was much better!! Too late! I was really wondering what I would find but at the end it was not that bad!

Located just close to central station, the building from outside doesn't look that exciting. At least, this is not an usual tower but a relatively low building. The first thing you notice when getting in is a big open lobby integrating the bar.

The check-in is quickly done and I can have access to my room. I have seen better one but I have also seen much worse. It's relatively spacious and the bed is quite comfortable (I was dead and would have probably slept on a wooden plank as well).

Unique feature, a huge mirror in front of the bed... funny to see you sleeping in this case. You may find some other usages to it (even with twin beds ;-)

The bathroom was rather small, shower in the bathroom, but everything was functional.
Wireless Internet access is also provided for free.

As usual, the breakfast was a buffet. Far from exceptional, beans and smoked salmon were not even present, it was however decent.

There was also a gym with a swimming pool but I haven't got the time to explore it.

All in all, it was an ok experience but next time I'll definitely try the Sheraton!

Address: Vasagatan 1
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: close to central station
Phone: 46.8.50 65 40 00
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.radissonblu.com/royalvikinghotel-stockholm

• Written Oct 1, 2008

Comments

Djinn76

“Know where you come from before going anywhere!!”

Have you been to Stockholm?