Palle D'Oro: "Best food in Florence" Palle D'Oro Tip by deebum25

Palle D'Oro, Florence: 1 reviews and 1 photos

My husband and I loved this restaurant so much we went back twice, something we never did before. The first time we went I was conservative and had tortellini in brodo and an insalata verde while my husband enjoyed pasta as I was not feeling well but the food was still delicious. The next day I was feeling much better and we returned to eat to our heart's content. I definitely recommend the cinghiale (wild boar) antipasti. It comes on a wooden board and is absolutely delicious! We had nothing here that we did not love but the piece de resistance was the Florentine bistecca that my husband had. It was absolutely huge and he refused to leave one scrap of it. They even made excellent french fries! I had the shrimp diavolo which was nicely spicy and a liter of the house red wine and our waiter gifted us at the end with two glasses of limoncello. An excellent experience! And folks please please PLEASE learn some of the language, at least enough to be able to order from a menu! We were seated near a horrendous family of eight who fully expected their waiter to understand their English but didn't know a word of Italian and they all wanted special orders! Painful to watch.

Favorite Dish: Loved them all but the cinghiale was special

Address: Via Sant'Antonino 43-45, Firenze 50123
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: 055 288383
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Italian

• Written Sep 28, 2008

More Restaurants in Florence (1)

“If you're scared of it, just do it!”

Have you been to Florence?