VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Trans-Mongolian Railway: "Soft sleeper class accomodation" Mongolia Hotel Tip by Willettsworld

Mongolia Hotels: 76 reviews and 110 photos

I took train No.24 on a Thursday morning at 08:05 from Ulaanbaatar to Beijing (which you arrive at 14:05 the following day) and it was one of the best train journeys I've ever done. I had reserved a 'soft-class' sleeper at the International Railway Ticketing Centre across the road from the main railway station in UB. The train carriage I was in looked very new and my compartment, (which I was lucky enough to have all to myself for the whole journey), featured two bunk beds on one side and an armchair in a corner on the other side with a table in front. Two compartments share a toilet which is located in between the two with a door from each so as to access it (you have to remember to lock the next door compartments door when you go in!). I was staggered to find, not only a WC and sink like you get on a plane but also a shower with a detachable head!

Theme: Other

• Written Sep 28, 2008

Comments

Willettsworld

“"Don't listen to what they say. Go see." ~ Chinese proverb”

Have you been to Mongolia?