"Museo Frida Kahlo" Coyoacán Things to Do Tip by malianrob

Coyoacán Things to Do: 23 reviews and 58 photos

After having read the biography of Frida Kahlo and looking at varies pictures, this place seemed very familiar to me. I came here once on the Turibus but because of the demonstrations at the University we were side tracked and we didnt get to Coyoacan until very late. Unfortuneatley the Museo was closed. I was so bumbed out. I did get a great view of the city and I knew I HAD to come back. I vcame back the next day with a driver we hired. He brought us here and later in the day we went to Xochmilco.
The travel book I had said that cameras are not permitted. This is not true. You can bring your camera and even take pictures inside the museum like in the gardens and the outside area of the house butnot any inside the rooms.
There isnt a whole lot to se here really. They say that the house has been practically lefty the way it was when Frida and Diego lived here.
For me though, it didnt matter, I came to Coyoacan to see this place and I love it. What I didnt expect was tofind Coyoacan so beautiful.
The Museum has the bed that Frida Kahlo laid in, her wheelchair, a few paintings and scetches. You can also see the plaster corsett that she wore for long periods of time. The museumwas very interesting. There are a totalof something like 12 rooms here, a couple of them were closed for renovation though.

Address: Londres 247, Coyoacan
Directions: Admission is $4.40 and make sure you save your ticket because the same ticket gets you into the Diego Rivera Museum Anahuacalli. Or you can purchase your ticket there and use itr here.
The hurs are from10am to 5:45pm.

Phone: 55-5554-5999

• Updated Sep 22, 2008

“The brave dont live forever, the cautious dont live at all.”

Have you been to Coyoacán?