Restaurant at Omaha Hilton: "Money does not buy Taste" Omaha Restaurant Tip by cochinjew

Omaha Restaurants: 55 reviews and 70 photos

Lovely company much better than the food

Lovely company much better than the food
      my forever dining companions
  • Money does not buy Taste - Omaha

What can you say about a fancy restaurant when two dishes had to be returned for being too salty and decoration on one plate consisted of a few corns? scattered on the plate.
I have eaten at a few places this year in America, Europe, Asia and Australia and this must rank as one of the worst
i was chosen to select the wines, and two wines i chose were both not available, not availabl? from such a short wine list?

Favorite Dish: After making sure that it was wild salmon, rather than some domesticated variety from some pond in north dakota, i settled for salmon, which was cooked reasonably well. there were many meat dishes and very few fish or other choices.
the ambience was good, we were given our own dining area, the dining area was empty and the waiter was pleasant and knowledgeable but we can t say that about the cook, the quality of the food was mediocre. all wines were priced around 50 usd about five times their price in the wine store which is called gouging.. and the wine list was minimalist. i asked for a malbec and a syrah only two listed but they didnt have it, had to drink two reasonably tasty reds from california..at 50 usd a piece

Address: Omaha Hilton opposite Qwest Centre
Price Comparison: most expensive
Price: US$41 and up
Rating: 2
Theme: American

• Written Sep 21, 2008

Comments

cochinjew Visits Here Frequently!

cochinjew

“If I am only for myself, what am I ?”

Have you been to Omaha?