"The Heritage Station Hotel Kuala Lumpur" Heritage Station Hotel Tip by tremendopunto

Heritage Station Hotel, Kuala Lumpur: 54 reviews and 8 photos

The Old KL Trainstation is not only a pearl of Mogul style architecture from Colonial times - not to say the symbol of Colonial architecture in KL - no, it is also the home of a beautiful fairytale-like hotel, the Heritage Station Hotel Kuala Lumpur.
Towers and arches give you the impression your are in Rajasthan, the inside is dominated by dark heavy wood. Rooms really are spacious and the prices are reasonable, starting from 108 RM. They offer superior, deluxe, even family rooms and suites. Sometimes with four-poster beds. The place is huge, so dont get lost in the long hallways where you can breath the colonial atmosphere - though, these endless hallways sometimes gave me a "Shining"-feeling, just like the movie, I expected a crazy Jack Nicholson to show up. I do have to mention though that you really live the ancient architecture, also in the furniture, which sometimes have a worn-out touch. But hey, just like the original firsttime old-school elevator, it gives the right charme to this place.
This is my favourite place to stay in KL for sure! I can highly recommend it.

The restaurant serves good food and the setting seemed to be used for a fashion photo-shooting, according to the magazine pages I saw.

Another advantage is the the location and public transport connection. For my Singapore visit, I took the coach right in front of the station.

Address: Banguan Stesen Keretapi, Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin, 50050 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: It is "THE" old Kuala Lumpur trainstation - cant miss that. Next to Masjid Negara.
othercontact: www.heritage-hotel.net
Phone: 603-22721688 or 2273588
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.heritagehotelmalaysia.com

• Updated Sep 22, 2008

“"In the long run we are all dead" John Maynard Keynes”

Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?