"Bagh-e-Bahu Botanical garden (2)" Jammu Things to Do Tip by kokoryko

The gardener foreman
      Workers in the garden
      Posing for me!
    by kokoryko
      Earth is carried in this basket
      No comment !
    by kokoryko

Observe the locals who like a lot to walk in the garden, have picnic, or just sit on the lawn, watch their children playing. . . . . have a chat with the gardeners. . . .
As I had some close look at the works of the gardeners who were cleaning a small watering canal, their foreman came to me and tried to ask me what I was doing, what was I looking at, and me, I tried to explain I was looking at the watering system. . . . We did not really communicate, but after 30 seconds, we were laughing. . . . . . universal language! He was rather proud of his job and his team, so I took a picture of this man with French Marigold in the background (funnily, this flower is called French Marigold, and in French, its name is Oeillet d?Inde, which literally translates into Indian carnation) . . . .
The workers were mainly women, and they were happy to laugh at the visitor and look at the pictures on the screen of my camera; a few portraits of the workers; I like a lot to meet ?real locals?, not the ones who are used to tourists, even it is for 5-10 mn, and the life goes on. . . .
In the western countries we are not anymore used to work in difficult conditions, and the last picture, not very ?touristy?, gives an idea of these conditions, but also how these people are proud, courageous, keep their personality even in the worst conditions; these crevassed feet, with mercurochrome, in the mud, are still decorated with jewellery. . . . .

Directions: Bagh-e Bahu, on the way to Bahu Fort, south East of the Tawi river, 4-5 km from the city centre; all taxi or rickshaw drivers know.
3243?30??N, 7452?45?? E

Open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.

• Updated Sep 21, 2008

“Il me plait de courir sans but et sans raison . . . .”

Have you been to Jammu?