Casa Istian: "For A Beach Hotel" Departamento de Rivas Hotel Tip by canuckmike

Departamento de Rivas Hotels: 2 reviews and 2 photos

Casa Istian
by canuckmike

This is where I stayed on Ometepe. It was nice a close to the beach as in about 50 m from it. It has great views of both volcanos and is surround by nice greenery. The staff is very friendly and there is good food here. You can also rent bikes here which were in decent enough shape. An interesting thing they had going on here is that they used the honor system, grab a drink and just write it down. Do be careful with that and keep a tab on it because when I got the bill, it ended up seeming a bit much but whatever.

What I didn't enjoy so much was the room I had. Granted the place is cheap so I wouldn't expect too much. What really bugs me is when the bed sheet is not big enough to stay covering the mattress. Seeing the mattress grosses me out for some reason (probably because it's never cleaned). Also I know it's a tropical country, but it was a battle getting rid of the fair sized spiders and I believed we had a cricket in the room for a while. We had some lizards in the room, but not enough to keep the insects in control.

The semi isolation of the place was both a good a bad thing. It was nice a quiet and peaceful. But that just ended up making me eat only there cause everywhere else was far enough away to go eat at.

Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Right on the ithmus of the island on the east side on island and the south side of Santo Domingo beach.
Price: less than US$20
Theme: Hotel

• Written Sep 19, 2008

More Hotels in Departamento de Rivas (1)

Comments

canuckmike

“na na na na na na na na na na na na BATMAN!”

Have you been to Departamento de Rivas?