Elm Cottage: "Cosy, classy B&B caters to vegetarians" Searsport Hotel Tip by LynnPribus

Searsport Hotels: 2 reviews and 5 photos

While I'm a pretty strict vegan, my husband is not. Yet he enjoyed this rather new B&B (opened July of 2008 as much as I did. Janet, the innkeeper, bent over backwards to accommodate special needs (like my husband wanting coffee at 5 am) and served up very generous and delicious breakfasts. Treats such as apple crepes with freshly smashed blackberries and mushroom-stuffed tomatoes. Always home made granola and a large bowl of cut-up fresh fruit. Local produce as much as possible and much that was organic.

Afternoon treats were iced or hot tea or coffee, zucchini bread or blueberry muffins.

Janet has remodelled a run-down house in the Searsport Historic District into a wonderful retreat with only two rooms, each with a private bath. We stayed in the larger Gardenview Room with a queen-sized bed and separate sitting area. Very reasonably priced, compared with several other local B&Bs which we explored.

Unique Qualities: The outstanding vegetarian menu was very important to me. When traveling, I hate to have to negotiate and discuss and fret about what I'll have for breakfast. Janet also said that with a little advance notice she can serve other special needs such as gluten-free food. Wonderful!

Address: Elm Cottage, 5 Elm Street, Searsport, Maine 04974
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Historic District, Searsport, Maine
Phone: 207-548-2941
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
Website: http://www.elmcottageinsearsport.com

• Written Sep 19, 2008

Comments

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Searsport?