"Views From Our Shoreline Cruise With Sabrina" Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Things to Do Tip by deecat

Chicago Things to Do: 1,643 reviews and 3,181 photos

Lake Michigan Light House

Lake Michigan Light House
      Navy Pier
      Large Boat at Navy Pier
      View from the Boat
      Navy Pier
    by deecat

Because we had Sabrina Dee, our grandchild, on the boat with us, it was not always easy to take photographs. With a 3-year-old, you have to be vigilant because children cannot walk around or stand up.

I did manage to take some photographs of what we saw on our Skyline Boat Tour of Lake Michigan.

Photographs:

#1 The beautiful Light House in Lake Michigan. The first light was completed in 1832, but the current light was constructed in 1893 and moved to the outer breakwater about 1917. It is white and red in color and has a 48-foot tower, a fog horn house as well as a boathouse. The "third order Fresnel lens with red and white flashing panels was installed in 1892; it was automated in 1979".

#2 This photo was taken as we were leaving the dock at Navy Pier.

#3 I was really impressed with the large ship docked in front of the famed Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier.

#4 I took several shots of the architecture along the Lake Front. I chose what I thought was the best photograph.

#5 As we were coming back to Navy Pier, I took a photo of this grand old place, but since I was seated, it is a naturally slanted picture.

Directions: Navy Pier West-End Dock [first boat dock on Navy Pier]
Phone: 312-222-9328

• Updated Sep 17, 2008

Comments

deecat Lives Here!

deecat

Have you been to Chicago?