"DON'T BE A DUMBASS LIKE ME" Ko Phi Phi Don Warnings Or Dangers Tip by mamasan69

Ko Phi Phi Don Warnings and Dangers: 15 reviews and 23 photos

FIRE RING-Koh Phi Phi
by mamasan69

Like many of my previous trips it seems that I can't help but injure myself doing something stupid. Alcohol is the usual cause of my blunders, but hey it's all in "fun".
This time I was dumb enough to play with a fire ring and paid for it with a nice burn on my arm for my trouble. Every night one of the bars called the Sunset had a big fire show on the beach with most of the staff involved. After the show the staff would bring out this big fire ring and a fire skipping rope. I never tried the rope but I did try jumping through the ring at least once a night. However on one of my last nights on Phi Phi, I decided to try to flip through it. I did make it and was happy about it, until I noticed a black mark on my arm and realized I got a little too close.
I guess the best advice is not to play with fire especially when there is lots of alcohol involved.

• Written Sep 15, 2008

More Warnings and Dangers in Ko Phi Phi Don (1)

“Work hard to play hard, because there is plenty of time to sleep after the trip is finished.”

Have you been to Ko Phi Phi Don?