"Fab resort hotel in fishing village near Trapani" NH Tonnara Di Bonagia Resort Tip by leesville
NH Tonnara Di Bonagia Resort, Trapani: 82 reviews and 0 photos
1. Hotel Tonnara di Bonnagia. Wonderful hotel, spectacular location. fantastic hotel to stay in. We had an apartment which was small but compact and very well equipped. lovely bathroom. request seaview & u get a balcony or terrace. spectacular. unfortunately we didn't but it didn't matter really. maid service cleaning rooms every day and turn down service in evening. very helpful staff, many of whom speak english. fantastic breakfast.
2. fab pool with lifeguards, beautifully maintained, towels provided, sunloungers, stunning view over sea.
3. animation team (not pushy just very nice and good fun but quite low key). Great for small children.
4. 1 tennis court 1 football pitch and table tennis.
5. restaurant expensive but generally good food. great staff. dining outdoors in courtyard if not windy.
6. pool bar.
7.courtyard bar for evening.
8.Great snorkelling from the hotel shore. lots of sealife. crystal clear waters.
9. small shack bar outside hotel complex overlooks marina / harbour for sunset watching over the sea.
10. it has some kind of spa/beauty parlour type facility but we didn't check it out.
Bonagia is a hamlet, really unremarkable architecturally with the exception of the hotel. however it is a fishing village, around a little harbour and marina and it's completely unspoilt. watch the fishermen landing their catch etc.
Only drawback here is that there is little choice of places to eat. 3 restaurants in the town and 1 in hotel, all of which were quite expensive. there is a tiny supermarket, tiny. there is a pizza takeaway place which we didn't try. there is a bar in the main street which does dull looking sandwiches and icecreams. there are pizzerias within a few minutes drive - we didn't try. i wld recommend driving into trapani for dining for a better choice. The sicilians staying at the hotel did not rate the restaurants in the village and drove instead into Trapani or dined in the hotel.
fantastic base for touring - we visited Erice (we took cable car from Trapani - 15 mins drive & then cable car up), Segesta about 30 mins drive direct, then very scenic drive back via Scopello etc. Also good if u want to visit the salt pans (we didn't) and of course very handy for Trapani. about 40 mins from Trapani Airport. wld be good base also if going to the islands.
i highly recommend the hotel and i would return.
Unique Qualities: 1. wonderful pool with lifeguard supervision (very reliable and efficient but with personality to get on with the guests and their children).
2. Beautiful small fishing village setting, against the backdrop of the hilltop village of Erice with the Capo in the distance.
3. Apartment accommodation for families. Great because u can combine a bit of self-catering and the extra space if you like but still have a fabulous breakfast and the maid service tidying the room and making beds in the morning and turn down service in the evening.
4. 17th century tuna factory restored and made into a wonderful hotel with its own courtyard plaza and consecrated chapel.
Address: Piazza Tonnara-Bonagia
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: on the seafront at the end of the harbour of the small fishing village of Bonagia, about 15 minutes drive from Trapani city centre.
leesville's Related Pages
Have you been to Trapani?Share Your Travels