"New years eve" Europe Favorite Tip by GemRan

Europe General: 595 reviews and 454 photos

Favorite thing: Hi, me and my boyfriend are also 27 and going to Berlin for New Years Eve, we both live in Chester but are flying easyjet from Luton as it was cheaper, which we have done before and its a good drive.
We have been going to different cities for new year for the past 6 years and have always found that the best way to do it is just go with the flow. I always plan what to do and where to go but it never ends up that way.
The best parties are always the ones that are outside and free as you take your own beer and dance away to the really bad bands, your also then in the best place for the fireworks and you are guaranteed that everyone there is just as up for a good time as you. Just wing it and it will be fab, ask around in local off the main street bars for the best places to eat.
I hope you have a fab time and haven't been put off by some of the previous posts.

Fondest memory: Best memory is dancing with a mad old lady who had no teeth and was swiging a bottle of wine outside in the snow, to the crazy singer who was trying to impersonate Queen, Oasis, Spice Girls, to name a few but sounding like non of them in the main square in Prague, drinking cans of beer and hot mulled wine on New Years Eve 2006. Best New Year so far!!

• Written Sep 15, 2008

Comments

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.