"CARNIVAL OF FLOWERS" Top 5 Page for this destination Toowoomba Things to Do Tip by balhannah
Toowoomba Things to Do: 43 reviews and 124 photos
IN SEPTEMBER, every year this Carnival is held for a week.
* It starts off with a floral parade held on the Saturday.
* COMPETITION GARDENS are free to get into and have a look at, even in drought these are outstanding gardens.
* Exhibition gardens cost a small entry fee, this goes to Charity.
* You can do a Bus Tour around the gardens if you wish.
*Energy Flower, Food & Wine Festival, runs from Friday to Sunday. There is an admission charge, but this entitles you to free Wine tasting, visual art displays, cooking demonstrations, and live concerts, good value at $19 in 2010.
* Sideshow alley for that fun time
* Fireworks held over 4 nights during the Carnival
* Lots of floral displays which are either free or a gold coin donation.
* Different garden clubs hold displays, like the Bonsai club, the Clivia club & Orchid club, Quilting Club, Spinners & Weavers, Geranium Club, Art in Bark just to name a few.
* THIS EVENT IS A MUST FOR GARDEN LOVERS!
We go to it every few years, there is always something different, and lots to see.
The photo's are of the "GRAND CHAMPION GARDEN 2010" Free admission to this garden.
Address: All over Toowoomba
More Things to Do in Toowoomba (28)
More Reviews (9)
balhannah's Related Pages
Have you been to Toowoomba?Share Your Travels