First Watch: "Beyond City Limits" Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Restaurant Tip by VeronicaG

Pittsburgh Restaurants: 131 reviews and 188 photos

First Watch
      First Watch
      Me, Jim, Dad and Charlotte
    by VeronicaG

First Watch is a casual dining spot in the burgeoning community of Cranberry Township, twenty miles North of Pittsburgh. Although I site Pittsburgh as being my hometown, I actually grew up in this area and still have family here.

For a last get together before we flew back to Texas, we joined my Dad and his wife, Charlotte, for breakfast (pic #2). The sun-filled room was packed with customers, but fortunately Dad arrived earlier to snag a table near the window.

A Belgian waffle seemed perfect for my meal and it was a good choice. I asked that it be done extra crisp--well, it was sort of crisp--and it arrived warm, coated with a fine topping of powdered sugar with maple syrup on the side.

Although the waitress forgot to crisp Charlotte's English muffin and omitted my husband's bagel, which he received after mentioning the oversight, we enjoyed our meal and conversation. I would return to enjoy another breakfast here on our next visit!

Address: Rt. 19, Cranberry Township, Pa.
Price Comparison: about average
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: American

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Written Sep 3, 2008

VeronicaG Visits Here Frequently!

“Many world”

Have you been to Pittsburgh?