"Singapore Zoo" Zoo, Gardens Tip by Henrik_rrb

Zoo, Gardens, Singapore: 98 reviews and 169 photos

The bat soon to enjoy his breakfast.
by Henrik_rrb

The bat soon to enjoy his breakfast.
    by Henrik_rrb
      "Hm, any chance there will be some breakfast left?
      Beautiful butterfly.
    by Henrik_rrb
      One of the white tigers. Really impressive!
    by Henrik_rrb
      Me and my dear girlfriend at the zoo breakfast.
    by Henrik_rrb

The Singapore Zoo was another of the absolute highlights of my trip. The Zoo is seen as the second best in the whole world, after the zoo in San Diego and it for sure held up to my expectations.
My lovely girlfriend had booked us in on a breakfast among the animals, so at about 8.30 we were sitting next to a very nice orangutan and her baby having breakfast together.

Don't know who messed up most with the food, me or the orangutan...?

After that we spent almost six hours just wandering around in the zoo, seeing everything from tigers, lions, kangaroos and elephants to small and very cute monkeys.

One of my favourites were the polar bear, as I never had seen one in my entire life before. It sure is huge, and I sure don't want to meet one out in the free...

A visit here is a must if you have any feelings for animals. At this zoo they move around very freely, and they don't sit in cages as in other animal parks.
If you, like me, like to take photos of them, this is the moment to do so. Just don't use the flash as it will scare the animals.

The zoo has 2530 different animals, 315 different species, so there should be something to look for for everyone.

The zoo is open from 8.30am to 6pm. Entrance fee is S$16,50 (8,50 euro) for adults. Half price for kids (3-12 years).
There are restaurants both inside and outside the zoo, so take your time and enjoy it for the whole day!

You can take the tram around the whole place, but I'm still laughing at the smart asses who do that... The tram goes around so fast that you'll have no idea what you're actually looking at! Much better to walk around yourself and see the animals in the tempo you want. You will probably be quite tired in your legs afterwards, but it sure is worth it!

Address: 80 Mandai Lake Road, Singapore 729826
Phone: (65) 6-269-3411
Website: http://www.zoo.com.sg/

• Updated Jun 5, 2009

Comments

Henrik_rrb Used To Live Here!

Henrik_rrb

“There is always a new place to see.”

Have you been to Singapore?