Nagasari Curry House: "Best fried rice ever!" Nagasari Curry House Tip by robertgaz

Nagasari Curry House, Kuala Lumpur: 2 reviews and 7 photos

Best fried rice ever!
      Best fried rice ever!
    by robertgaz
      Hotter than radiation tom yam!
      Capati set
      Tandoori set
      Restoran Nagasari Curry House
    by robertgaz

The Nagasari Curry House is open 24 hours a day and seems to be very popular with the locals who go there around the clock for tasty tandoori chicken at low prices in a relaxed atmosphere.

The fact that it is frequented by the locals is always a positive sign of finding some great food at good value prices.

There is a wide range of curry dishes as well as all sorts of naan breads and freshly prepared roti prata. I must give thanks to Michael, the owner of MM Adventures, for introducing me to Indian prata as this became a staple part of my daily bread.

Favorite Dish: My favourite dish was the roti prata with mild curry gravies for dipping. The prata chef flips the kneaded dough in the air until it is paper-thin before cooking in a skillet with heaps of oil.

But far better than my own enjoyable experience was hearing my daughter remark that the vegetarian fried rice dish she ate was the best fried rice ever! This comment alone bookmarked this restaurant for another visit very soon to please her palate ;~)

My son however, ordered a Tom Yam which he had tried before in Singapore where he liked a lot. This version was a lot closer to the fiery Thai version and I have to admit as well that it was hotter than radiation!

I watched him persist with this throat scorching soup until his eyes began to water involuntarily. I then suggested that he order something much milder from the menu which he gratefully did.

As we went back to this restaurant again, I have included photos from other visits. Otherwise I may have given you the impression that each meal is a glutton's food fest for us! ;~)

Address: Jalan Nagasari
Price Comparison: least expensive
Directions: Close to the Hotel Istana in Bukit Bintang
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: Indian

• Updated Sep 6, 2008

“My WAy's the byWAys of W.A.'s highWAys...”

Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?