"Singapore Flyer" Singapore Flyer Tip by Henrik_rrb

The Singapore Flyer
      Fantastic fireworks.
      The National Day-scene.
    by Henrik_rrb
      Skyscrapers in the business district
    by Henrik_rrb
      Me and my dear girlfriend.
    by Henrik_rrb

The world's biggest observation wheel will take you 165 meters up in the air, and give you an amazing view over Singapore.
My dear girlfriend opted to take me here on the eve of the National Day of Singapore, where we would look out over the fantastic fireworks while we were sipping on the champagne included in champagne tour.

Unfortunately the organizers failed to take us up in time, so the fireworks were seen from the ground, and the champagne we got afterwards in the lounge.
Not that I complained though. The 30-minute-ride in the wheel was truly fantastic, and most of the time you have the best view over the city.
The wheel move so slowly that you really don't notice it, and during the one round you'll be able to see all sides possible of Singapore.

We took the evening ride, but I would think that the day trip is fantastic too.

Prices are okay, going from 29,50 singapore dollar (16 euro), when just the ride is included. A champagne ride is instead from 69 S$ and up.
The wheel has been up since March 2008 and took 2,5 years to build. Just 4,5 month after its opening the ticket sales passed one million riders. Just amazing!

On special occasions they are also making special trips, as during the Formula 1 race on the 28th of September this year.
Although I must say that they exagerated quite much... Paying S$250 (125 euro) for a 30 minute-ride during the race...?? Really...? And then the fee to enter the race area isn't included either. If you want the champagne to flow freely you just double the sum and you're in...

My trip on the National Day was one of the best things I did during my 2-weeks-stay. The view was just amazing and the setting was really romantic.
In the end the organizers also gave us a full refund, a new champagne tour, plus free champagne, beer and strawberrys in the lounge since they had failed to get us up in time.

Tickets can be booked online and then picked up at the wheel on the day of take off. Make sure to be there 30 minutes before scheduled take off so you don't miss it.

Directions: Right next to the water and the Marina Bay, it's seen from far away. Next to it there is a huge car park.
Phone: +65 63333311
Website: http://www.singaporeflyer.com

• Updated Nov 9, 2009

Henrik_rrb Used To Live Here!

“There is always a new place to see.”

Have you been to Singapore?