"Public Art - Theo Thijssen on the Brouwersgracht" Statues and Sculptures Tip by yooperprof
Statues and Sculptures, Amsterdam: 32 reviews and 59 photos
Favorite thing: Theo Thijssen (1879-1943) was an activist writer involved in education and politics in late 19th early 20th century Amsterdam. He frequented the cafes in the Jordaan neighborhood when it is a little more seedy than it is today, but it's appropriate that his memorial sculpture is in from the Cafe Thijssen today!
There's a Thijssen museum nearby - note that the website is in Dutch:
More General in Amsterdam (41)
More Reviews (40)
- See All Cheerful Cozy Pancake place near...
- See All Amsterdam Historical Museum
- See All Chet Baker Memorial
- See All Classic jenever house - from 1650!
- See All Pastries and Cakes - oh my!
yooperprof's Related Pages
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels