"Pharmacies and English Medicine" Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Local Custom Tip by cochinjew
Kochi Local Customs: 24 reviews and 48 photos
Most Indians cannot afford to see a Doctor, so their primary care contact is the Pharmacist and perhaps that is why there are so many pharmacies are about. In the Indiantown near Ballard, there are four pharmacies at one junction, one at each corner.
Anthony who is the man behind the counter at TARA medicals is a veritable source of pharmaceutical information. And he is very helpful.
At least the medications are not expensive.
For a course of antibiotics, it works around one dollar. So in a country where there is a large minority of the population living under two dollars a day, the drug prices are reasonable.
I am told by more than one person that the medical profession is under the thumbs of the pharmaceutical company and when someone goes to a doctor he always comes back with a prescription for more expensive and more often combination drugs which are more expensive.
One example is the prescription of Insulin Glargine Pens with expensive refill cartridges, which cost thousands of dollars.
More Reviews (116)
- See All Good Place for a nice south Indian meal
- See All NOT A GOOD CHOICE
- See All Getting your visiting card designed and...
- See All Air Asia from KL to Cochin
- See All Good South Indian Food
- See All On the Internet the Place looks fabulous
- See All Princess Street the Tourist Ghetto
- Adivasi, the original inhabitants of...
- See All antique stores along the jew town road
Been to Kochi?Share your travels with the world!
cochinjew's Related Pages
Have you been to Kochi?Share Your Travels