The Brasserie: "Comfort Food at Comfortable Prices" Top 5 Page for this destination Waterford Restaurant Tip by SabrinaSummerville

Waterford Restaurants: 45 reviews and 93 photos

This little place has been around for many years, but as it's casual in nature I end up eating there only rarely.

Today was one of those rare occasions and, as on all those other similar instances, I promise myself I'll come back more often.

It was pouring rain outside and the queue for a table was out the door - but it moved fast and we were very quickly seated at a clean oilcloth covered table in the window looking out at all the poor bedraggled wet people outside.

The menu was called "Lunch Menu" but was vast with dishes ranging upwards in price from a starting point of ?5.00. There are soups, sandwiches, pastas, burgers, salads, seafood goujons.....pretty much something to tickle every tastebud.

I ordered the house pizza which was a 10" thick base pizza with very generous toppings. At ?14.95 it wasn't the cheapest thing on the menu but was so substantial that I couldn't finish it. I greedily scraped off and ate all the topping and left about three quarters of the base. It was totally yummy.

My companion had the all day breakfast - two sausages, two slices of bacon, hash browns, mushrooms, fried egg, and beans. Again, large and generous helpings and this came with a full bowl of chips.

For the breakfast, the pizza, two teas, a latte and a bottled water the bill was ?35. Nothing at all wrong with that.

The only fault I found with the place is that the carpet on the stairs to the bathroom is filthy and really needs to be replaced asap. It lets the rest of this well run establishment down.

Address: Arundel Square, Waterford
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Just at the front of the City Square shopping centre, facing out to the main street.
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: American

• Updated Aug 23, 2008

Comments

SabrinaSummerville Lives Here!

SabrinaSummerville

“"I am of Ireland....Come dance with me in Ireland", W.B. Yeats”

Have you been to Waterford?