VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Soloy, Boquete, Volcan, Bocas" Panama Things to Do Tip by lbs720

Panama Things to Do: 234 reviews and 444 photos

I visited Panama last October and (even though I usually avoid the typical tourist areas) I did find Boquete the most relaxing place I went. I stayed at a nice guest house for only $6.25 per night. There is a don't-miss hike across the mountains just outside of Boquete that is gorgeous. (You'll be thankful you brought your trekking poles for this one!)

Bocas was OK, but there are a lot or partying young people there. I personally didn't find it very pretty, but the atmosphere was relaxed.

The prettiest area I saw was on the bus crossing over from Sixaolo to Volcan. That area was beautiful.

I also went to Soloy, a native reservation way, way off the beaten path. That was quite the experience. It was very pretty, but the real experience was the hours of talking with my guide, Plinio. I still haven't gotten over realizing that all these people live every day without having enough to eat (and they're way stronger than I am.) For the adventurous, it's worth checking out.

Beth

• Written Aug 23, 2008

Comments

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.