Cafe Claude: "A bit of France in San Francisco!!" Cafe Claude Tip by Gypsystravels

Cafe Claude, San Francisco: 7 reviews and 6 photos

My Coc au vin
      My Coc au vin
      Out door seating area
      Cheese plate
      Me and Ro
      Yum Creme Brulee
    by Gypsystravels

Cafe Claude is a fantastic French Cafe with great food and atmosphere. The restaurant is located on a small alleyway in the financial district. This cafe reminded me of the wonderful little bistros and cafes of Paris.

The restaurant has a typical French touch, with its furniture rescued from a Cafe in Paris. It truly felt like I was enjoying a great meal with excellent wine back in my favorite city, Paris. The waiter was excellent in suggesting some good wines for some of the girls, while Ro and I enjoyed mixed cocktails.

There were five of us and we decided to enjoy a crisp evening at the outdoor seating area. Prices are very reasonble for an excellent French meal.

Favorite Dish: We started our meal with an obligatory cheese plate, then we each selected an appetizer to share among all of us. We ordered the Pate Plate, the Trouffle Mouse, the Endive Salad and one of the girls ordered the special corn soup which was excellent.

I ordered the Coq au vin which was quite good, Ro had the special pasta of the day which was the Fettucine Alfredo while the other three girls ordered the Salmon.

We finished this fabulous meal with coffe and I had the Creme Brulee which was perfect!

Address: 7 Claude Lane
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Financial District.
Phone: (415) 392-3505
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 4
Theme: French

• Updated May 6, 2012

Gypsystravels Visits Here Frequently!

“If You don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!”

Have you been to San Francisco?