Origens (not spelt Origins): "A REALLY BAD EXPERIENCE" La Llavor dels Orígens Tip by bruno_khan

La Llavor dels Orígens, Barcelona: 7 reviews and 9 photos

Hi all,

We was very disappointed by the service at this restaurant: after a courteous welcome and our dishes served, my girlfriend asked if we could change one of the dishes since she didn't like it.
The waiter was nice enough to pull it out and replace it with a new one of her choice. We obviously thought that it would not be counted towards the bill, but we were wrong.

When we pointed out to the waiter that he probably forgot to take the item out, he told us that he couldn't do so, because it had been made so he had to charge it.
I then said that we would have simply ordered another item in addition, not instead, if he had told us, or that I would have eaten my girlfriend's dish.

He made a fuss, said some people were stupid after he checked with his manager (not sure if it was the cook, the manager or me - think it was me really), and I even had the pleasure of having a visit by the manager, who looked at me straight in the eyes with a mean look, as if I had done somebody completely unacceptable.
Such a big fuss for a 5 euro meal...

In a nutshell: very bad service, very impolite staff, trying to be trendy, but really just plainly bad.
In addition to that, you eat little dishes for 5-6 euros each, which is a rip off. You end up paying 15 euros each and are not even full. It had been recommended to us by a friend who liked the concept of the menu, we were very disappointed.

Hope it helps in selecting your restaurants!

Address: vidrieria, 6-8
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: in front of church
Phone: 932 411 600
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 1
Theme: Local
Website: http://www.lallavordelsorigens.com

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Barcelona?