Marina Residence: "Marina Residence" Top 5 Page for this destination Brazzaville Hotel Tip by tpappas15

Brazzaville Hotels: 9 reviews and 7 photos

Eight work colleagues and I spent a full week at this hotel in the middle of the city in July 2008. It's rated as a 5-star hotel, but it is more equivalent to a 3-star hotel based on European standards. Our corporate rate was EUR 100 per night which included breakfast.

The room was ok, the air conditioning worked and I at least had hot water in my bathroom (3 of my colleagues had no hot water for the whole week). I was also fortunate to escape any mosquitos as flying occupants in the room so I did not have to use my mosquito net that I brought along. Of the 10 listed satellite tv channels, only two worked and the rest were static for the whole duration.

The restaurant in the hotel had a basic menu and the food was satisfactory. We did eat out most of the nights at a Lebanese restaurant that was nearby.

Given the limited choices of decent hotels in the city, I would recommend this hotel or the Meridien hotel to Brazzaville visitors.

BTW, my luggage arrived two days after I did in the city. I flew from KUL to DXB with Malaysian Airlines and then DUB to ADD to BZV with Ethiopian Airways.

Unique Qualities: My view from my room on the ground floor (all rooms are on the ground floor) was of a 2-meter cement wall that was less than 1 meter from my window. The hotel boasts two pools, but both were empty.

Like many of the roads in the city, the street at the front entrance of the hotel was mostly unpaved and full of pot holes.

Price Comparison: most expensive
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel

• Updated Aug 17, 2008

Comments

Ranked Member

Have you been to Brazzaville?