"Public Art - The 3D Nightwatch! (Rembrandtplein)" Rembrandtplein Tip by yooperprof
Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam: 5 reviews and 13 photos
Favorite thing: I really enjoyed the installation in Rembrandt Square of "The Nightwatch" - a 3-dimensional realization of Rembrandt's masterpiece. A lot of love and effort went into given life to these figures. It's fun to walk amongst the good citizens of 17th century Amsterdam -- and their mascot, and their dog!
The sculptures were placed here in 2006. They are the work of Russian artists Alexander Taratnyov and Mikhail Dronov.
It's particularly interesting at night!
More General in Amsterdam (41)
More Reviews (40)
- See All Cheerful Cozy Pancake place near...
- See All Amsterdam Historical Museum
- See All Chet Baker Memorial
- See All Classic jenever house - from 1650!
- See All Pastries and Cakes - oh my!
yooperprof's Related Pages
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels