Restaurant ON.: "Spot ON = mix of traditional + modern ingredients" Top 5 Page for this destination Restaurant ON Tip by longsanborn
Restaurant ON, Vienna: 1 reviews and 4 photos
We discovered ON Restaurant by accident ~ well, more like stumbled upon it. One evening, we were strolling by a quiet street (Wehrgasse) and noticed a lot of people having meals in a lovely softly-lighted restaurant. The restaurant has large clear windows facing the street and it only has a simple sign - a large square box with red light above its entrance; no other distinguishing features or big signboard outside the restaurant. Out of curiosity, we entered and were nicely told that it was full. We decided to return a few weeks later; we went early and managed to get a table.
They have a simple Menu, and we noticed that their selections were sort of Chinese + western mix-fusion - though not overly "fusion"/westernized, if you know what I mean.
Service was quick, the staffs were friendly and efficient. Interior decor was modern yet simple. They even have a garden opened in Summer time. Our food arrived quickly and they were good. They also have good selections of wines and cocktails.
Monday - Saturday: 16.30 - 24.00 Uhr
Sunday and holidays: 12.00 ? 22.00 Uhr
Guest garten: until 22.00 Uhr
Favorite Dish: Good selection of fried noodles, all delicious.
Selection of home-made (not supermarket frozen!) dim-sums, and Kim Chee (spiced pickled chinese cabbage) for starters;
Gan-Bien Beef Strips (spicy hot) and Steamed Heilbutt fish filet in Coconut-chili-sauce as main dishes;
Address: 1050 Wien / Margareten / Wehrgasse 8
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Take underground train U4 to Kettenbruckengasse station, and get out of front of train. Walk up to Wehrgasse. Or take bus 59A from the Opera house at Karlplatz and stop at 3rd stop. Walk to Wehrgasse.
othercontact: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Theme: Chinese/Dim Sum
More Restaurants in Vienna (86)
More Reviews (86)
- See All Mozart Balls (Not what you think)
- See All Route change in Tram No. 1 and No. 2
- See All Opposite the VIC/UNO City and Austria...
- See All Visit the Tiergarten Schönbrunn...
- See All Vienna and the Euro 2008
- See All Check out Taborstrasse in Leopoldstadt...
- See All Beware of Handphone Snatchers!
- See All Soft Romances at Museum Quartier
- See All To Tip/Not to Tip? How much? Tough...
- See All Roller Blading in Vienna's Many Parks
- See All Prepare for a Hot, Hot, Hot Summer
- See All Only for the Ladies!
longsanborn's Related Pages
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels