Le Cous Cous Chez Rashid: "Small but Nice Tunisian Restaurant" Top 5 Page for this destination Café Restaurant Grav Tip by longsanborn
Café Restaurant Grav, Vienna: 1 reviews and 2 photos
Latest Update (04/2009): I just found out that this lovely restaurant closed down and was replaced by a chinese noodle restaurant. What a pity because I really enjoy the Tunisian food. There's just too many chinese noodles restaurant as it is!
Le Cous Cous chez Rashid is a beautiful small restaurant serving one of the finest of Tunisian cuisine in Vienna. It is located in the 1st district, within the Karlplatz area, near the Secession Museum, the Naschmarkt, and on same block as the Cafe Museum. You can easily walk there or you can take the underground train. The restaurant owner is really friendly, and you will be greeted with a firm handshake and a warm smile.
You must try their Mint Tea as starter. And you can finish the meal with strong arabian coffee. If you're feeling adventurous, you can try to smoke the Sisha (water pipe); quite fun really.
Favorite Dish: Their specialties include the delicious Brik*, grilled fish Tunisian style, and of course the variations of Cous Cous with Tagine (stew of chicken/lamb/fish/chickpeas and vegetables), served in a clay pot or large plate.
*Brik: a pastry parcel filled with a variety of fillings e.g. minced lamb, beef, or vegetables. Once this has been decided then an egg is cracked over the contents the pastry folded and deep fried in oil.
Opening hours Monday ? Saturday 11 a.m. ? 12 a.m.
Address: Friedrich Strasse 2 - 1010 Vienna
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Around Karlplatz area. Take U1 or U2 or U4 to Karlplatz. Located same block at the Cafe Museum, and near the Secession Museum.
othercontact: Cellphone: +43-6991-2016083
Theme: Middle Eastern
More Restaurants in Vienna (86)
More Reviews (86)
- See All Mozart Balls (Not what you think)
- See All Route change in Tram No. 1 and No. 2
- See All Opposite the VIC/UNO City and Austria...
- See All Visit the Tiergarten Schönbrunn...
- See All Vienna and the Euro 2008
- See All Check out Taborstrasse in Leopoldstadt...
- See All Beware of Handphone Snatchers!
- See All Soft Romances at Museum Quartier
- See All To Tip/Not to Tip? How much? Tough...
- See All Roller Blading in Vienna's Many Parks
- See All Prepare for a Hot, Hot, Hot Summer
- See All Only for the Ladies!
longsanborn's Related Pages
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels