"El Palomar Mexican - (Munras St) Old Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Restaurant Tip by Ewingjr98
Monterey Restaurants: 207 reviews and 387 photos
El Palomar is one of numerous Mexican restaurants and taquerias in the Monterey area, so competition is tough. While the restaurant has a big open floor plan with numerous skylights and a large patio, the food pales in comparison to some neighboring restaurants like Turtle Bay, Papa Chanos, Peppers, Zocalo, and even a chain like El Toritos. I will certainly give them credit for their nice interior, very good service, and no wait on a Saturday night!
Laura and I showed up around 7:30pm for dinner and were immediately seated in the less than quarter-full restaurant. We were given average chips and a tasty, yet mild salsa, then we ordered a mango margarita and a Tecate beer. For my dinner I had the skirt steak fajitas with beans, rice, guacamole, salsa, and sour cream. Laura had the beef enchiladas, also with beans and rice. Laura enjoyed her meal, I thought mine was a little bland, especially the beans, rice, and fried onions and peppers; the fajita meat on the other hand was very flavorful.
Price Comparison: about average
More Restaurants in Monterey (82)
More Reviews (162)
- See All Visitors Center & Old French...
- See All East Village Cafe (Washington St) - Old...
- See All Cherry's Jubilee
- See All Haunted Monterey
- See All El Estero Park
- See All Old Monterey Railroad Station
- See All Used books and records in New Monterey
- See All Dirt Track Racing at Watsonville's Ocean...
- See All InterContinental The Clement - Cannery...
- See All Storms and big waves
- See All The Monterey Bay Aquarium on Summer...
- Monterey Weather
Ewingjr98's Related Pages
Have you been to Monterey?Share Your Travels