Eagle Eye Book Shop: "A mile of books" Decatur Shopping Tip by rexvaughan

Decatur Shopping: 8 reviews and 11 photos

Front of store

Front of store
    by rexvaughan
      Clearance racks outside - many for 93 cents!
    by rexvaughan

I am a sucker for used bookshops and this is a truly wonderful one. It advertises itself as having "a mile of new and used books" and I don't doubt it. The books are also well catalogued so that you don't have to search through a mixture of stuff to find the kind of thing you are looking for. Another clever idea is that a lot of the books are priced in amounts like 93 cents which means, with tax, it is an even $1.00. They also have a back room of rare books for the connoisseur . The website is equally incredible as it is so organized even to the point of having a section listing awards of various sorts and all the books in stock which were winners. I find it a bit unusual but they also have Author's Nights in which writers come to discuss and sign their books. If you can't get here in person, check out their web site. Many independent used booksellers stay alive pretty much on their internet business. I do that some, but love browsing through the old books. Today I went in and came out with 5 books I can't wait to read.

I had my camera with me and got a couple of shots of the outside front, fully intending to take a couple more inside, but became so absorbed in looking at the books, I completely forgot.

Address: 2076 North Decatur Road, Decatur 30033
Directions: Just off the corner of Clairemont and North Decatur
Phone: 404 486-0307
Theme: Books
Website: http://www.eagleeyebooks.com

• Updated Aug 5, 2008

Comments

rexvaughan Lives Here!

rexvaughan

“Travel is fatal to prejudice - Mark Twain”

Have you been to Decatur?