VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"First Great Western" Trains Tip by jo104

Trains, Oxford: 9 reviews and 5 photos

I looked into taking the bus into Oxford vs the train & suprisingly time & money wise it suited me better to take the train. This may well be because of the fact that I have a railcard which gives me a third discount off the price but nontheless do check before you travel.

The journey takes about an hour & the ticket out cost me GBP9 & GBP4 return I selected single ticket options as a cheap day return in total cost more then the 2 singles. Purchase your tickets in advance & a seat reservation is included in the price (I believe this can cost extra in some countries like the Netherlands)

You can book your tickets & pick them up on the day prior to departure. Booking through the main rail website instead of thetrainline means you don't need to pay a postage fee for 1st class postage.

The journey is fairly smooth with lovely countryside views, there is a buffet car in case you get peckish & the toilets are fairly clean.

Mode: TO
Type: Train
Website: http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk

• Written Aug 3, 2008

More Transportation in Oxford (1)

jo104

“Be prepared for a culture shock!”

Have you been to Oxford?