Livingston Designer outlet: "a huge outlet mall" Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Shopping Tip by margaretvn

Scotland Shopping: 35 reviews and 40 photos

Livingston Designer outlet
by margaretvn

This is a huge designer outlet with other large stores around it. We went there really because Koos wanted to go to the large toy shop to get a "flip video" (so glad he did because i am using it to put videos on VT!). We stopped in the mall for coffee and a look around. We found some really good shops with outdoor clothing and I managed to find some good trousers for our walking holidays - not being so tall finding trousers that do not need shortening is a problem. I though the price tag said 29 pounds and that was fine by me - so when I heard they were actually 9 pounds my day was made. There are several good shoe shops - I got 2 pairs of summer sandals 25 pounds for one pair - the second pair for a pound. I also bought a lovely necklace from Ortak (the Orkney jeweller) a good bit cheaper than i later saw it in various shops around the area we were holidaying in.
If you want a good coffee go to Millies - all drinks 99 pence and they are good. the fresh muffins or cookies are also good. Much better value than the Starbucks across from Millies.

What to buy: we bought outdoor clothing for walking holidays.

What to pay: various prices

Address: Almondvale avenue
Directions: by car - exit the M8 at junction 3 and follow the signs for Livingston town centre.
by bus - there are services to the centre from Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Phone: 01506 423 600
Theme: Other
Website: http://livingstondesigneroutlet.com

• Written Aug 3, 2008

Comments

margaretvn

“I have spread my dreams under your feet....tread softly - you tread on my dreams”

Have you been to Scotland?