"Minster Lovell" Top 5 Page for this destination Oxfordshire Things to Do Tip by toonsarah

Oxfordshire Things to Do: 53 reviews and 88 photos

Cottage in Minster Lovell
      Cottage in Minster Lovell
      The Old Swan, Minster Lovell
    by toonsarah
      Waiting for the match ...
      Cottage, Minster Lovell
      Cat at the window, Minster Lovell
    by toonsarah

This was our first stop on our day out. It is a beautiful stone and thatch village which was at its best when we visited. Every cottage had its pretty garden, with hollyhocks (one of the classic flowers of the English cottage garden) in great abundance. A single inhabitant rested in a garden chair on the green, presumably waiting for the afternoon?s cricket match, but otherwise we had the village street almost to ourselves. It was so picturesque that all our cameras were clicking like mad, trying to capture all the little details that summed up this lovely spot.

While here we enjoyed a coffee in the garden of the 17th century inn, the Old Swan. The pub (attached to a hotel, the ?Mill & Old Swan?) is packed with character and historic features, and the service was excellent, with the barman offering to fetch capuccinos from the hotel bar as the pub itself only had filter coffee.

Directions: 2.5 miles west of Witney

• Updated Aug 1, 2008

More Things to Do in Oxfordshire (1)

• King_Golo's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2016 at 3:50 AM

A great little Cotswold village - I went there with pretty much every visitor I had during my time in Oxford.

“I slept on the strange pillows of my wanderlust (Joni Mitchell, "Amelia")”

Have you been to Oxfordshire?