Lan Gio Moi (LGM) Restaurant: "Great local cuisine at decent prices" Lan Gio Moi Tip by vdk2000
Lan Gio Moi, Ho Chi Minh City: 2 reviews and 4 photos
- Off the beaten path outside of District 1 is a real dining treasure. Still very central though. The restaurant is located on a major street called Cao Thang in District 10 -- in a lively night market area (Ky Hoa Night Market).
- The ambience is contemporary and very clean. The earth tone decor colours are very soothing and catchy at the same time. The food is delicious!! You have to try their House Special Vietnamese Sald; or Fish Springrolls for appertizers. For more filling entree -- try the House Special Free-Ranching Chicken Hot pot. My favorite is the Tigar Prawns fried with Barleys. Absolutely amazing!!
- This area has a cluster of restaurants that only the locals frequent. Definitely worth checking it out. Lan Gio Moi Restaurant is, in my humble opinion, the nicest dining venue in the area.
- It's cozy and small -- although it does have 5 storeys altogether: there are private VIP rooms, lounge room, roof top patio level and open dining level.
Favorite Dish: Appertizers:
- House Special Vietnamese Salad: very fresh, vinegry.. yum!!
- "Thang Long" Vietnamese Salad: kinda like Beef Sashimi but with a Vietnamese cuisine twist!
- Fish Springrolls: you think you know springrolls.. check this one out!
- House Special Hot pot: amazing free-ranch chicken hotpot, juicy and tender!!
- Tigar Prawns fried with Fresh Barley: my absolute favorite.. creamy and crunchy with fresh prawn goodness...
Address: 396 Cao Thang Street - District 10
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: (08) 8630063
Price: less than US$10
More Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City (1)
Have you been to Ho Chi Minh City?Share Your Travels