"Babayan (Ibrahimpasa)" Top 5 Page for this destination Urgup Things to Do Tip by ozalp

Urgup Things to Do: 42 reviews and 118 photos

Our fellow guide in Babayan
  • Babayan (Ibrahimpasa) - Urgup

If you want to see a beautiful village in Urgup, try Babayan. Babayan is its old name, now it is called as Ibrahimpasa. It hasn?t strange rock formations but it has beautiful stone houses. I have no idea about the place before it was mentioned in a chat in Ziggy Café. Our friends were talking about how beautiful it was. One said it is the best time to visit Babayan is when people put the apricots over the roofs to dry them. Try to imagine a village with beige stone houses and apricot yellow roofs! What a picture.
When we visited this village, we parked the car in the square and walked the streets. Decorated stone houses amazed me. We looked some valleys surrounding the village. Bird chirpings were coming to us. A dog joined us in our small village trip and followed us anywhere we go.
There were renovation works in some houses. We came across the owner of one. He was a foreigner speaking accented Turkish. Called us tourists, we said we were Turks. He told ?You are tourists in Cappadocia?. My friend told that she was living in Urgup. Then he told ?But you are tourists in Babayan?. He must have felt like a local in this lovely village.

Address: Urgup

• Written Jul 29, 2008

Comments

ozalp Visits Here Frequently!

ozalp

“I like my town with a little drop of poison.”

Have you been to Urgup?