"INDEL Intramural Sports, Part 2" La Laguna Favorite Tip by thelukey

La Laguna General: 62 reviews and 55 photos

INDEL class of 2002
by thelukey

Favorite thing: The basketball game, as I described it at the time in an email message:

I?d said well in advance that I wouldn?t play basketball, because it wouldn?t be fair, because I?m just too good (and too tall) for any of the high school kids to be able to contain. So, I sat with a few students and watched the beginning of the game. The poor 1st year boys only had one kid who could even dribble the ball properly, while the 2nd year class had three kids who actually have some abilities. It wasn?t pretty! Before long, a group of 1st year girls came over to where I was sitting and begged me to play. I did everything I could to avoid playing ? I told them that it wouldn?t be fair, that the 2nd year students would complain, and that I wasn?t dressed for it (I was wearing dress pants), but when they grabbed me by the arms and dragged me to mid-court my protests became futile.

When I entered the game, the 1st year boys were losing 18-4. As bad as they were, I didn?t think even my dominating presence would make much of a difference. How wrong I was! I think I only missed one shot in the entire first half, and by halftime we had cut the deficit to 28-20. The second half was much the same ?I almost couldn?t miss, and on the few occasions that I did miss I easily gathered my own rebound. We ended up winning 56-48. According to the teacher who was keeping score, I scored 36. When the director announced our victory, I was mobbed by most of the 1st year girls (who?d been chanting my name throughout the second half). It was just like being a star in the NBA, except for the fact that I didn?t take the girls home and **** them two at a time afterwards.

There was a downside, though ? the 2nd year girls now all hated me. The boys accepted their defeat, but the girls, they hated me! That afternoon one girl quite deliberately entered a store as I was approaching so that she wouldn?t be obliged to say ?buenas tardes.? The next afternoon, a few of the 2nd year boys told me that the girls in their class had spent the entire day talking about how much they all hated me, and that one of them was saying that the next time she saw me she was going to kill me.

• Written Jul 25, 2008

Comments

thelukey Used To Live Here!

thelukey

“Eamus catuli - AC000000”

Have you been to La Laguna?