Czerwone Jabluszeko Red Apple Restaurant: "Polish Buffet" Top 5 Page for this destination Red Apple Buffet Tip by deecat

Red Apple Buffet, Chicago: 2 reviews and 7 photos

Czerwone Jabluszko Red Apple Restaurant
      Czerwone Jabluszko Red Apple Restaurant
      Urszula and Matt from Poland Enjoying Their Meal
      Charles Going Back for "Seconds" at Buffet
    by deecat
      Kristi {Tom, tour guide in backgroud}
      Food from Polish Buffet
    by deecat

In honor of Matt and Urszula (Matcrazy1 and Matcrazy0), we ate at Czerwone Jablusgko RED APPLE Restaurant in Chicago. Besides Matt and Urszula, our VT lunch members were Dabs (Kristi, who organized the entire day), Tom_in_Madison (Tom from Madison, Wisconsin), Nicolette from Italy), Cwhit21 (Charles from Chicago), Tom (our tour guide for the Polish Museum), and myself.

This restaurant is an "all-you-can-eat Polish and international-food buffet". I was impressed with the $10.99 weekend price tag for lunch! [Weekdays cost $9.99!] Drinks are not included in this price; however, soup and ice cream are.

I must admit that I'm not a big fan of Polish/ German style food; never-the-less, I really enjoyed this meal and feel that the food was delicious. I think the variety was good with choices for meat lovers as well as vegetarians.

We ate toward the back of the restaurant in a very private location. Our waitress was, I think, an adorable young woman who "aimed to please". She was friendly, efficient, and ever so helpful.

The restaurant was well organized, clean, and accommodating. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the meal.

Favorite Dish: The buffet consists of three areas. They serve about 20 hot dishes which include between five and ten meat items. They also offer about ten cold salads, several different breads, abundant fresh fruits, sides such as rice and sauerkraut, and delicious desserts.

My favorites were the cheese blintzes, fresh fruit, salad, sliced beef, Chicken Kiev, and, of course, desserts. Of the desserts, I favored the remarkable rum-ball cookies, which were the best that I've ever tasted. The people that I convinced to try them did agree with me. The soups that day were Chicken Noodle or Borsch. I had the chicken noodle, which was just fair.

They also offered turkey, meatballs, pork, veal or beef stew, schnitzels, beef stroganoff, pork on a stick, roast duck, pierogies, potato pancakes, and sauerkraut.

I noticed that they also do big business in Carry-outs. In their advertisements, they mention that they also deliver.

It certainly is a great deal of quality food at a very reasonable price

Address: 3121 N. Milwaukee Ave., Chicago, IL
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: (773) 588-5781
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 3
Theme: Other
Website: http://Http://

• Updated Jul 25, 2008

deecat Lives Here!

Have you been to Chicago?