VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Rip-off" Budget Inn Farmington Tip by retiredvetzz

Budget Inn Farmington, Farmington: 41 reviews and 2 photos

We had booked our rooms over the phone earlier that week. The rate initially quoted on the phone was $79.00 per night. I pointed out that their website showed a rate of $69.00 per night, and asked if they would honor the internet rate. The gentleman said yes.
When we checked in, the lady said that the $69.00 rate was for Friday night only, and that we would be charged $89.00 for Saturday night. As we knew that several events such as graduations and tournaments were happening in the local area that weekend, I agreed in order to secure accomodation. Plus, they have a three day cancellation policy, so they would bill me in any event.

When we checked out Sunday morning, I asked for a receipt that contained the dates of stay, rates, and taxes. I was refused a detailed receipt, and she(owner?) stated that the credit card receipt I received for my credit charge was my receipt.

Don't waste your money, stay somewhere reputable.

Unique Qualities: See photos.

Address: 6001 Rt 96, Farmington, NY, 14425
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: 585-924-5020
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Motel
Website: http://www.budgetinnfarmington.com/

• Written Jul 14, 2008

Comments

retiredvetzz

“I'll be back!”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Farmington?