PANCAKES on the Rocks: "PANCAKES AND MORE YUMMY FOOD" Darling Harbour / Cockle Bay Restaurants Tip by AusPinay

Yummy pancakes, crepes, etc. to choose from!
by AusPinay

I love coming to this place and other branches of this popular restaurant/diner. I can indulge in my favourite food- pancakes anytime of the day, not just for breakfast!

They have the usual combinations of pancakes- with strawberries, pineapples,,eggs, bacon, sasusages, hash browns.,etc..things we love for brekky but can still eat whenever you like. There are delectable sweet styles with chocolate sauce, maple syrup, caramel, etc. Just divine, trust me!

The crepes are also fabulous. I tried the Tabriz once which is like Mexican fajitas with cheese and guacamole. As usual, youngest son got his fave fish via the Fisherman's basket - the most expensive again for $23.95 for some fish fillets and chips. HE enjoyed it a lot so nothing much to complain about. Fish is probably expensive that season we were t here! They cost nothing more than $12-$15 in our are or even cheaper for one battered fish fillet and heaps of chips!

Well, anywhere in Darling Harbour is truly a bit dearer than other areas. It was cheaper in Japan even!

By the way, this place is an award winning family restaurant too! it has long hours- from 7 am to around 11 pm or sometimes till midnight! It is harder to get a table at their Northmead branch which is ironically nearer to our home.

I recommend you book ahead to avoid disappointment! You'll never think pancakes are just brekky food!

Favorite Dish: We loved the pancakes and crepes, and hubby liked his pizza too. My eldest enjoyed his ribs and youngest the fish so at least everyone was happy! The servings are generous too!

Address: 229/230 Harbourside Shopping Centre, Darling Harbo
Price Comparison: about average
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 3
Theme: Diner

• Updated Jul 14, 2008

AusPinay Visits Here Frequently!

Have you been to Sydney?