"Comfortable, river front hotel" Iberotel Tip by MikeBird

Iberotel, Luxor: 817 reviews and 8 photos

Iberotel from the Nile
      Iberotel from the Nile
    by MikeBird
      View of the pool and hotel
    by MikeBird

We arrived at around 7am just off the train from Cairo. We had expected to have to store our luggage until usual check-in time later that day but we were in luck and they found two rooms next to each other; 1 for my wife and I and 1 for my 3 offspring. That was a good start.

We thought the hotel was very good. Comfortable, clean, well equipped rooms to international standards. We only had breakfasts which were excellent with a wide range of hot and cold foods to chose from. The service was cheerful and swift.

One of the best features of the hotel was its location because it is well within walking distance of the main town though we did think that you'd need a taxi to go up to Karnak. Being river fronted means that some of the rooms would have great views. Ours was not one those.

The swimming pool was different. It's on a barge moored in the river. The pool was clean and a good size - about 20m. The gardens and terraces were very pleasant. A good place to have a sundowner drink. I even saw a Pygmy Sunbird feeding from the flowers.

Cost seemed reasonable to me. Sorry but I cannot remember the details now as I'd paid before arrival. It was far from the most expensive on offer - I think it was a four star hotel. I'd say it was good value for money.

Address: Khaled Ben El Walid Str.,Po Box 28, Po Box 28, Lux
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: At the southern end of the Corniche el Nil
Phone: 209-523-80925
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.jaz.travel

• Written Jul 13, 2008

“always choosing the forward facing seat”

Have you been to Luxor?