"Be Polite" Cultural/Historical Tip by cinthya_in_victoria
Cultural/Historical, Victoria: 25 reviews and 33 photos
One think I liked about Victoria was that everybody (well, almost) is very, very polite:
- Always say 'hello' and 'thank you' to the bus driver
- Is very common vendors, bus drivers, waitress, shop owners, etc. asks 'how are you'
- if you're going to cross the street but you are still some meters from it, cars will stop (well that doesn't apply in big avenues of course)
- Don't forget to give a tip to the waiter.
People can be so nice and friendly that once I was waiting for the bus when an old lady talked to me and we had a very nice conversation while our buses came. I was lucky we took the same bus because she was a veteran of the World War II so, I learned many interesting things from her.
Victorians are a good example of polite, nice and friendly people, even my sister once told me she was fed up with so much politeness!! hehe
More Local Customs in Victoria (1)
More Reviews (60)
- See All Real Mexican food
- See All Royal Theatre
- When in Victoria don't you miss...
- See All Chapters
- Get in shape
cinthya_in_victoria's Related Pages
Have you been to Victoria?Share Your Travels