"NAMIB-NAUKLUFT PARK - NAMIBIA" Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Things to Do Tip by DAO
Africa Things to Do: 366 reviews and 1,024 photos
Namib Naukluft Park is the largest game park in Africa (40 000 sq. km), the 4th largest in the world and the harshest National Park in terms of terrain. Its desert landscapes are beautiful and captivating while still remaining desolate. Despite this absolutely dry environment it is home to large mammals like the zebra, springbok, Oryx, kudu, steenbok, chacma baboon, and klipspringers.
Vegetation includes: Aloe sladeniana, Aloe karasbergensis, cluster fig, Acacia (thorn) and Euphorbia. The last being deadly if burned!
Accommodation inside the park is by camping only or in luxury hotels just outside. It is an amazingly challenging drive to get here, but no trip to Namibia would be complete without a journey here.
You can climb the mountain-sized sand dunes, great sunrises & sunsets and discover the dry lake beds for yourself.
I am currently building a page here:
DAO's Namib-Naukluft Park Page
More Things to Do in Africa (86)
More Reviews (340)
- See All Don?t Bother in Massawa
- See All Not Quite Right in Massawa, Eritrea
- See All The Flag of Burkina Faso
- See All Its Officially a Joke in Burkina Faso
- See All USEFUL IN TOGO
- See All THE STREET TAILORS
- See All KOLOBENG NATIONAL MEMORIAL - BOTSWANA
- See All A HUNDRED WAYS TO DIE
- See All THE GREATEST MARATHON RUNNER IN THE...
- See All SHONGOLOLO !
- See All SINK PLUGS
- See All FOOTBALL ? THE INTERNATIONAL SPORT
DAO's Related Pages
Have you been to Africa?Share Your Travels