"Holidays in Thailand" Thailand Favorite Tip by bulldogtwo

Thailand General: 598 reviews and 421 photos

Favorite thing: The biggest thing about Christmas and NYE is that the hotels in Thailand, especially beach resorts and Bangkok is that their rates will be much higher for those days, and most will have a compulsary dinner charge. When I say higher rates it could be double or triple the normal season rate, so be prepared for that.
Not sure what your budget is but you can choose from Khao San Road, the back packer area and there will be plenty of partying going on there, or I would suggest the Soi Sukhumvit Rd. area where hotels will run from 20$ to 2000$ a night, but the location is centrally located between Pat Pong, Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza, all party bar areas. Between the 3 areas, you should have no problem finding plenty of parties, fun, ladies, or whatever you are looking for!

Beaches. What can I say, all Thai beaches are great, it's just a matter of opinion. You sound young and you already said that you want to party so Full Moon parties on the Kho Tao, Kho Samui side of Thailand should be fun for you, but Phuket, in my opinion has better beaches and you can find plenty of partying on Patong beach in Phuket. Probably won't be as difficult to get to either, and in that regard I would suggest Phuket. After all, after the first hour one party is like the next, and I have done plenty of partying in Thailand. The Andaman side of Thailand is the best I think.
Good luck, be careful and have fun!

• Updated Jul 6, 2008

bulldogtwo Used To Live Here!

“My Phen Rai Krap!”

Have you been to Thailand?