"Value in LA" Comfort Inn West Sunset Blvd Tip by minicooperdownunder

Comfort Inn West Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles: 353 reviews and 0 photos

Stayed here 6 nights November 12 to November 20 and would recommend it. Not sure it is located in the nicest area of LA, the area is a bit seedy but I went across the road to the small strip mall to do my laundry and didn?t feel unsafe, but having said that I doubt I would have gone for an evening stroll around the area. A little further west on Sunset Boulevard there is a trendy area called Silver Lake which has lots of nice restaurants and cafes.

As with anywhere in Los Angeles you really do need a car and the hotel does have an underground parking area which unlike some other motels I have stayed at in Los Angeles had nice wide spaces, although it is advertised as secure parking the gate at the entrance was never closed from what I saw. The hotels address is West Sunset Boulevard, but it is located at the very eastern end of Sunset Boulevard close to downtown Los Angeles and staying here like practically anywhere in Los Angeles a car is required and the traffic is bad all the time so a short journey anywhere can take a long time.

The hotel room was really nice for the price, one of the cheaper hotel I found online. I stayed in room 303 and it was a pleasant surprise, really large room, laid out on an unusual way as it was a corner room, king size bed, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, air conditioning, large TV with about 70 stations, free wireless internet that worked really well. I had a smoking room and while I don?t smoke I didn?t find any offensive odours in the room. The room was cleaned spotlessly every day and restocked with anything I had used. No real view to speak of from my room just buildings in the distance over the roof of the small apartment building next door.

Like a lot of the US chain motels they do have a continental breakfast in the lobby, pretty standard stuff, cereal, toast, pastries, coffee plus they have a couple of waffle machines which seemed very popular. They only have seating for about 12 people but I was there early they serve breakfast form 6.30 to 9.30, but I could imagine it getting crowded later in the morning. I paid US77 per night plus taxes and think for the price it was a good deal.

A couple of things that could be improved they have a key card system for the room door and each day that has to be recoded which they say is for security but it is a bit of a nuisance and the code for the free internet also has to have a new password each day plus they have a street level parking area at the lobby level that serves the hotel plus a couple of stores that occupy the street level which was closed for my entire stay which made the only parking the underground lot which I always found a spot in it but a couple of nights it was the last spot.

Overall a great place to stay for the money will be my first choice next time I am in Los Angeles.

Address: 2717 West Sunset Blvd., , Los Angeles, California
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: The immediate area isn't the best but I think most people staing here had a car and would be driving any where so while the area isn't the best i think like any US urban area just take the usual precautions
Phone: +1 213-413-8222
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://

• Written Jul 6, 2008

Comments

Ranked Member

Have you been to Los Angeles?