Hilton Brussels: "Average Hilton in Europe" Brussels Hotel Tip by minicooperdownunder

Brussels Hotels: 481 reviews and 486 photos

Arrived a day early and the front desk staff were very helpful in arranging for me to start my stay a night early at the group rate I had for the rest of my stay.

I had booked a single but the room had a double sized bed but pushed up against one of the walls which would have made it a little difficult for two people. The room number 923 itself was nice enough, a little dated and apart from a faulty lamp which gave off most of the light in the room which took three phone calls to get fixed the room was in good order.

Nice touch which a lot of hotels seem to overlook was enough power points at desk level to plug all your things into without having to unplug something else or crawl around on the floor to find. I guess being a Hilton Hotel and aimed at a business market it may not be the best choice for tourists as everything seemed to be aimed at travellers on an expense account, even the minibar was set up in a way that if you removed something so you could put something of your own in it you were charged after something like 30 seconds as it had built in sensors.

A lot of hotels now seem to offer free internet in either the rooms or lobby but again the Hilton had a charge for it and their parking rate was 38 Euros per night but there is a large public street parking lot and public underground lot right outside the hotel which only costs 14 Euros per night and if like me you were back after 6 I think it was street parking was plentiful and free until 8 the next morning so out of a five night stay I only actually paid for one nights parking.

Housekeeping was very quick and efficient, the room was usually cleaned by the time I got back from breakfast. The room on the 9th floor had a nice view of parts of Brussels, the hotel is one of the tallest buildings in the area and most rooms above about the 6th floor would get good views I think. As I previously said the room was a bit dated and the bathroom in particular is overdue for a makeover and a word of warning when you flush the toilet stand back it seems to have a lot of splatter.

The hotel is in a nice area on a main road that seems to circle the old part of the city and is near to most of the major city tourist sights. The area surrounding the hotel seemed lively and crowded until late at night with a lot of nice stores and restaurants and cafes and very close to a subway station which takes you anywhere you would probably want to go in the city.

I used the concierge desk for a lot of information and found them to be helpful with what I had to ask. I only stayed here because I was attending a function that was being held at the hotel and they had a group rate but overall a very nice hotel.

Unique Qualities: Very helpful front desk staff who were able to get me a room a night ealrier than my reservation and at the group rate I had for my entire stay

Address: Chaussee De Waterloo 38, 1000 Brussels
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: On the main city ring-road and very cose to metro/underground/subway station and plenty f shops and restaurants/cafes in the immediate area.
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel

• Written Jul 6, 2008

Ranked Member

Have you been to Brussels?