"Nice hotel but not in the city centre" Hotel Friedberger Warte Tip by minicooperdownunder

Hotel Friedberger Warte, Frankfurt am Main: 215 reviews and 0 photos

Can?t say enough nice things about this hotel, had two lovely nights here in October 2007. The hotel is not in the city centre but rather in one of the suburbs but only about 4 km from the city centre but I am not sure how easy it is to get there by public transport as I was driving. Not sure that there is a lot within walking distance of the hotel for those not driving.

The hotel is also a training school for hospitality students and as far as I could tell from the service I received is up to the standard of any similar hotel. The rooms are very nice, no fridge but apart from that everything you could want for a short stay. My room was an end room and I think a bit larger than some as it had a little alcove in the corner. Comfortable bed, nice bathroom and enough lighting, which I often find lacking in some hotels. It isn?t a 5 star Conrad or Westin hotel and doesn?t pretend to be or charge 5 star prices I paid around 40 Euros per night including breakfast which I thought was terrific value.

The included buffet breakfast was the best I had in Europe during my vacation, the choice of food and service was excellent.

Plenty of free parking available in the front parking lot, but I think if that is full they may charge for the underground parking.

Address: Homburger Landstrasse 4, FRANKFURT AM MAIN, 60389,
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: About 4-5km from the Frankfurt city centre. As previously mentioned not sure there is much within walking distance of the hotel swo may not be a good choice if you are relying on public transport.
Phone: 49-69-7680640
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=95390&partnerId=TGO

• Written Jul 6, 2008

Ranked Member

Have you been to Frankfurt am Main?