"For a large group hire a van" London Transportation Tip by rexvaughan

Enjoying the ride
      Enjoying the ride
      Unloading at the hotel
    by rexvaughan

As there were ten of us traveling, I wanted to avoid the Gatwick Express because it would have meant schlepping bags to Victoria then on the tube or 2 or 3 taxis to the hotel. Most van service to and from Gatwick serves 8 or fewer people. The solution seemed to be a good one to me - I hired a private 15 passenger van to pick us up. The cost was 110 GBP which is considerably less than just the cost of the Gatwick express for the 10 of us. Plus it dropped us at the front door of our hotel. The will likely ask for your arrival gate and then meet you when you deplane with a sign with your name inscribed on it. Their website says, as of 28 June 2008, that these prices are being reviewed. In light of rising petroleum prices, I would guess they would be more soon. Still a good bargain.

There are doubtless several but we used Airport Express and were well satisfied. We were met on time the driver had a GPS unit that advised him of the least congested route so we were not hung up in London traffic.

Type: Other
Website: http://www.airport-express.co.uk/

• Written Jun 30, 2008

rexvaughan Visits Here Frequently!

“Travel is fatal to prejudice - Mark Twain”

Have you been to London?